After almost two years of launching a new car in India, Hindustan Motors (HM) today launched the Mitsubishi Pajero Sport for the Indian market. Fitted with a 2.5 liter turbocharged diesel engine, price of the Pajero sport has been kept at Rs.23.53 lakhs. The Pajero Sport will now compete with the likes of Ford Endeavour and Toyota Fortuner.
The Pajero has a rally pedigree as it regularly takes part in the Dakar Rally and it is primarily because of its rally pedigree, the Pajero enjoys a certain amount of popularity all across the world. The Pajero SFX has already been launched in India and it has done well in the market. The Pajero Sport, which has been launched now, is just the upgraded version of the Pajero SFX. Let’s have a look at what the Pajero sports is all about:
- Engine: The Pajero Sport has been fitted with a 2.5 liter, turbocharged, intercooled diesel engine capable of a peak power of 178 PS @4500rpm and a peak torque of 400Nm @2000 – 2500 rpm.
- Transmission: The Pajero Sport has been given a five-speed manual transmission.
- Drive System: To give it an improved off-road performance, the Pajero Sport comes with an all-wheel drive system.
- Safety Features: Mitsubishi has fitted the Pajero Sport with various safety features. The car comes with things like ABS, front seat airbags, projector headlamps, cruise control, parking sensors and a reverse camera.
- Interior gizmos: On the inside, the Pajero comes with features like full leather seats, automatic climate control, double-din touchscreen stereo, all row air-conditioning vents etc.
- Optional features: If you’re ready to spend a few extra bucks then you can also have Super Select 4WD system and a limited slip differential at the back of the car. These things further improve the off-road capability of the Pajero Sport.
The Pajero Sport should do well in the Indian market since it is a diesel car and India’s love for anything diesel is known the world over. So, if the Indian government decides not to levy that proposed cess on diesel vehicles after all in this budget, there is no reason why the Pajero should not do well in the Indian SUV market.